- SRM Color : 40
- Brewer: Evil Twin Brewing
- Brewer's Description: A few times in the history of craft beer it has happened that a highly praised beer rises beyond mortal stardom into a higher godly league. Usually the recipe to make such heavenly drops is thick fudge-like body, pitch black color, amazingly overwhelming aromas of chocolate, coffee, dark fruits and muscovado sugar, obviously only made in limited amounts and most crucial of all - it must taste rare!
- Recommended Glassware: A Teku
- Russ' rating: 10/10
- With the brew: If I Had a Heart
- Comments: What a terrific beer to find! It pours a dark thick stream with a dark caramel colored head of smaller than average ( < 0.5mm ) bubbles. The aroma id large and high above the glass. You can smell the dark roasted grain bill, and a malty sweetness that makes your mouth water long before it hits your palate. It has a thick mouthfeel but not sticky and residual. The flavor is just amazing. The dark roasted grains are the biggest flavor, but there is a thick sweetness like dried fruit that is constant and lasting. The final flavor at the end of the sip is a hoppiness that clears the flavors and leaves you longing for more. Do NOT pass by this beer.
Do you agree? Do you think I completely missed on this one? Feel free to leave a comment below, give me a +1, or "Like" my post!