- SRM Color : 13
- Brewer: Free State Brewing Co.
- Brewer's Description: A Midwest legend for his off-the-wall practices using goat, erm, parts to increase virility in humans, Doc Brinkley was a decidedly unique individual. So who better to inspire our fresh spring seasonal with its one-of-a-kind flavors? With smooth barley malt character, full-bodied flavor and graceful honey and toffee notes, Brinkley's Maibock is a brew that's as fresh as the season.
- Recommended Glassware: A Teku
- Russ' rating: 8.5 / 10
- With the brew: 11 inches of snow
- Comments: I love a good Maibock, and Brinkley's is a solid contender in the style. it pours a champagne color with an orange hue, reminding you of how spring sunshine feels. There is a shallow head with average sized ( 0.5mm - 0.7mm ) bubbles that dissipates quickly. It has a delicious light malty nose, that carries a wonderful flavor on it. The brewers description of "graceful honey and toffee notes" is spot on as the sweet spring honey taste offers a wonderful floral flavor. Like spring in a bottle.
Do you agree? Do you think I completely missed on this one? Feel free to leave a comment below, give me a +1, or "Like" my post!