- SRM Color : 29
- Brewer: Left Hand Brewery
- Brewer's Description: Smokejumpers are those fearless wildland firefighters who specialize in parachuting into the wilderness so that we can continue to enjoy it. Smokejumper Imperial Porter is a tribute to them - a twenty-one degree plato porter made with barley malt hand- smoked by our brewers. Roasty brown in color, the long lingering smokiness wraps around flavors of molasses, toasted malt and an earthy hoppiness.
- Recommended Glassware: A Goblet
- Russ' rating: 9 of 10
- With the brew: Aged Cheese.
- Comments: Despite the large number of Belgian beers I have been reviewing lately its no secret that Stout and Porter are my long favorites. Left hand has made a number of fine ones, and Smoke Jumper is no exception. Pouring dark and thick, the body is an obsidian gem capped with a deep caramel head with average size bubbles(0.5mm - 0.7mm). The head dissipated but left lacing down to the bottom of the glass. The grains of a smoked Porter are literally smoked before the brewing process, and they impart a smoked almost salty taste to a style of beer that is rich and sweet. The resulting flavor is unique and delicious.
Do you agree? Do you think I completely missed on this one? Feel free to leave a comment below, give me a +1, or "Like" my post!