- SRM Color : 20 with a slight purple tint
- Brewer: Monk's Cafe
- Brewer's Description: That's right, our own private label brewed for us by the family-owned Van Steenberge brewery, just outside Ghent, Belgium. Medium body, red color, somewhat fruity nose, malt flavor with a slight lactic taste. Great Stuff! A real thirst quencher and palate cleanser.
- Recommended Glassware: A Tulip
- Russ' rating: 8.5 of 10
- With the brew: Slaying Evil
- Comments: A disclaimer that this is my first experience with Sour Ale...
That said, this beer had a lot going for it. The pour was a lovely deep dark red with average bubbles (0.5mm - 0.7mm) with lacing lasting the entire beer. The nose was tart with a slightly fruity scent. The flavor was unique and I would guess signature for this kind of beer. It reminded me of sour apple or cherry. This beer reminded me very much of a hard cider, but with a slight yeast aftertaste that tips a hat to its Beer origin. I look forward to trying more of this type of beer and making a more educated review.
Do you agree? Do you think I completely missed on this one? Feel free to leave a comment below, give me a +1, or "Like" my post!